Wednesday, January 6, 2010

a few photos to start the year

I was browsing around trying to find a good deal on a new lens when I stumbled upon a guy doing a 365 project. I guess as an exercise in creativity and consistency, some photographers post a pic a day for an entire year-- setting themselves some kinds of limitations or guidelines to stimulate their work. Great idea, I think to myself. Too bad I didn't come across it 5 days ago...

I don't know though. Would I really be able to post a pic EVERY day? My schedule is a bit too crazy for that, I think. It'd take some planning, I suspect. So, no 365 project for me this year-- or at least not right now.

In that spirit, however, I think it'd be fun to post a pic every so often from among my many freaking gigabytes of them... you know, just to spice things up.

So, here's a Dia de los Reyes picture for you (though it has nothing to do with the Day of the Kings (which happens to be today, in case none of this makes any sense)):

This is our little dachshund, Lilly. Click on her to see her in higher resolution.
Specs: Nikon D90, 50mm, 1/15sec, f2.0, ISO 800.
B&W conversion and some selective dodging and burning in Photoshop CS3.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: