Wednesday, April 15, 2009

This is Idaho


So, Pat . . . You were saying the other day that you had snow when we had yummy spring? Here's what we had on campus today in Twin Falls. There was a good 5 inches on the car when I finally went out to scrape it off this morning. It's no surprise, of course. As has been said of so many places, "If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes."

In other news, I finally got around to watching New York Doll. A couple of years ago (three years ago, probably), it got a lot of attention on the AML list, and I planned to watch it. Of course I never quite got a round tuit. Something or other in the blogosphere made me think of it the other day, and I added it to the Netflix queue. It was as good as everyone said it was. Because it's way old news to most of you, probably, I don't think it'll be a spoiler to say that the song at the end of the credits was pretty touching. 

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Patricia Murphy, a resident of said...

Scraping the car! You might as well live here. Actually, today was really nice. The dog and I had a great walk, and one of us wore shorts. I think spring is finally here, but as you noted I've said that before (even in a poem).

Patricia Murphy, a resident of said...

Wait a minute, Draney. Isn't New York Doll about punk rockers? Is there something (really something) I don't know about you?