Friday, March 16, 2012

What time is it REALLY?

Don't get me wrong. I like Daylight Savings Time. Having more daylight hours in the evening is a great thing if you ask me. I've always liked coming out of an early movie and seeing sunlight in the western sky. My kids love to jump on our trampoline and play at the nearby schoolyard, and I'm more liable to take an evening walk if the sun hasn't gone down yet. Overall, in my book evening daylight is a good thing.



I have to say, though... this week has been H.. E.. double hockey sticks.

I'm trying to remember... is this the first year the time change has been so early? It sure seems like it. Last week I was taking my kiddos to the bus stop as the sun was peaking its corpuscular glory over the horizon. This week I was driving them over there a few minutes after midnight (it felt like). What a difference an hour makes.

I'm sure I'll be happy in a week or so when my body quits thinking it's getting up at freakin' 4:45am. I've just been a tired, grumpy, critical, curmudgeonly sourpuss all week.

And I blame Congress.

1 comment:

Clint Carter said...

I hear you. I hate the time change (in the spring).