Sunday, March 18, 2012

Courtesy is not dead

Our middle child made a friend in the neighborhood. With her grandparents' permission, she went with us to a Family Home Evening activity with some friends a week or so ago. She seemed to enjoy herself, and it was no trouble to have her with us.

The next day she dropped by with a little note:


Just in case you can't read it in the picture, it reads:

Thank you from all my heart.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Drany,
Thank you for taking me to the barbque last night. I even enjoyed your company to.

from
Jesika

Isn't it nice to know that common courtesy is not gone from the world? Although I'm sure it's possible that Jesika thought of the thank you note on her own, I think it's much more likely that her grandparents gave her a little nudge. And even if she did think of it on her own this time, she had to have been taught at some earlier time that a thank you note is an appropriate response to a kindness.

So... this is my public "thank you note" to Jesika's grandparents. Well done.

1 comment:

DeShawn said...

When I was scoutmaster, I would receive a "thank you" card or note about once a year from one of my scouts. That's the scoutmaster's "pay."