Instead of grading, I:
- got a haircut,
- cleaned my office,
- spent 15 minutes lamenting college politics and policy changes with colleagues,
- organized "collected works" folders for students whose OA papers received NP (not proficient) marks from readers,
- composed a informational document about NULC (the National Undergraduate Literature Conference) to recruit students' literary criticism and creative works for said conference,
- read 15-20 posts on WPA-L about wierd things that happen on campuses (including teeth mailings and a persistent spitter).
Before I get to the grading I plan to:
- write an overdue letter of recommendation for a student,
- review and make suggestions on a "statement of purpose" for another student,
- write a final exam for my 101 students,
- get a bite to eat (finally).
In fact, I think I'll go eat now.
What are you doing to avoid work today?