Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A week plus ++++


Yikes! It's been a whole week since I posted a note for the edification and enjoyment of my 3 loyal readers. Sorry, folks. Being chief cook and bottle washer is keeping me plenty distracted, if not plenty busy.

Truth is, doing all the mundane things that gotta be done around here isn't much to blog about. I mean, who really cares about how many loads of laundry I've done or how many times the dishwasher gets loaded and unloaded in a single day? It's important stuff, in its way, but not particularly blog-worthy.

I liked to think that I helped out around here plenty. I mean I'm not adverse to changing nappies or folding socks (actually, I draw the line at socks :) )... I mean ... folding undies, etc. I push the rug rats to clean their rooms and I even pitch in to do the floors (my job since day 1 of our marriage). What I've discovered, of course (like many a Mr. Mom before me), is that there ain't no such thing as a non-working momma. Doin' this work is a full-time gig, for sure. Keri deserves a raise and a cruise to ... wherever she wants to go.

I won't pretend that I haven't kvetched plenty. I'm kind of a complainer by nature (though I'm working on that one). Picking up the same pillows and blankets every morning gets me going a bit, I'm afraid, and having to ask boys more than once to get up and eat breakfast before 2PM makes me a little cranky.

Still, is this the stuff of scintillating blog posts? Nope. Not really.

So what is? What types of stuff bring you, the loyal trio, back here from time to time? What are the things that make us all so interested in the facebook news feed? Why twitter, for crying out loud?

On a slightly different note-- being home all day gives me a chance to take pictures of the funny places the kids fall asleep.





No comments: