Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Any CSS geniuses out there?

I used to think I was a "go to" guy where computers are concerned. For most of the last 20 years (yikes, has it been that long), I've been able to figure out most of what I've wanted to do with DOS, Windows, html, and even a little database programming. You hang in there long enough (and look at enough examples of what other people have done) and you usually get it-- or get it good enough to accomplish what you set out to.

I guess I need to "hang in there" longer with CSS because I'm not getting it. Anyone out there willing to answer my inane, obtuse questions?

1 comment:

Patricia Murphy, a resident of said...

Hi Clark,
I don't know anything about CSS, but I have access to many many computer geeks. I'll happily ask them your questions.
Choosing books is funny, yes. And I too relish it. I hate it when my choice doesn't work. The last time I taught creative writing I had my students reading Dog Years, by Mark Doty. They were good students, really good, but they hated the text so much that we actually didn't finish it.
This fall I'm using The Writer's Eye in comp. I've only used it one other time, and it went well. What do you use?
Pat